Our families are required to complete an application explaining their situation and their family income.
In 2022 again, we are focusing on working families. These parents are working but do not have the funds to provide their children Christmas, but as all parents they would do what they could, which would cause additional stress to the family.
HOPE of the Grand Valley will receive applications from these families and review each application. Our focus is to fill the gaps with our working parents with children that are struggling to make ends meet. We will be leaving invitations to apply at our local business with minimum wage employees.
If you know of a family in need, please encourage them to apply for
Adopt a Family for Christmas.
Families will be chosen by qualifications as we are doing our best to fill the gap and helping our underemployed families.
• We ask each family to provide us with a Wish List, with the understanding the wish list be reasonable.
• Plus needed items, such as coats, boots, socks, underwear etc.
• For children 10 and under we encourage our parents to give us what their child is asking for from Santa.
Those that adopt families are asked to provide:
A minimum of one wrapped gift for each family member and the Santa wish for our younger children.
More than one gift for each family member may be given, but we leave this up the family’s adopter.
A grocery store gift card for the family’s Christmas Dinner.
HOPE provides the “adopter” the following information about the family:
• The family’s situation (single parent, etc.)
• Their story if provided
• Special Needs (if any)
• Name, age, gender, clothing size for each family member.
• Gift Ideas for each family member
• Favorite color, hobbies, interests
• Santa wish for children 10 and under